Welcome to Balanspunkten/Grundsund Kayak Center
A kayak trip of the west coast of Sweden is a fantastic adventure. Gliding through narrow channels and out over open straights, feeling the power of the sea and nature. Every day brings a new experience. The surge of the North sea swell on a calm summer’s day instills an extra quality in life – as does the sound and serenity of pouring rain meeting sea. Feel the fresh wind on your back as you glide along waves. See a seal break the surface at close quarters or surprise sea birds as you drift over forests of seaweed. Go ashore on the roundest of sea-worn cliffs to eat your lunch and paddle in the blue-green salty water. Experience the ultimate feeling of life at its best as you return to dry land and set your kayak back with a smile on your face.
If you are new to kayaking take one of our half-day or full-day courses. Would you like to learn more? Then why not try one of our tailor-made courses? We work with small groups where safety exercises are an integral part of the training.
Slip into your kayak and get to know the sea, the cliffs, yourself and your paddling companions. Everything comes closer, more vital and simply enthralling.
Before paddling out:
- When you paddle a kayak, always bring a change of clothes in a dry bag.
- Paddling is a physical activity. Make sure you bring a water bottle or two and a snack to quench that thirst and get some extra energy on a day tour. When leaving for several days it becomes even more important to bring enough water for cooking etc.
- If you want to bring electronics, we recommend a proper dry bag. We offer small ones if needed.
- Bigger bags and small unnecessary things (car key etc.) could be stored at the office during daytime.
- There’s no excuse for littering. Please collect your litter during the paddling, recycle and throw the rest in a garbage bin when you get back to Grundsund.
- Check the weather forecast. Some days offer a little bit of both when it comes to sun and rain. So why not be prepared for both? Bring both sun screen and rain clothing.
- The weather here in Grundsund is often better than what is described in the weather report. If you want a live update, you can always give us a call regarding the weather. If you find the weather too rough, it’s usually possible to organize a drop off at a more sheltered starting point if you like.
- But, too hard winds will always be an accepted cancellation argument.
We care a lot about the environment. Please help us in our work towards becoming more sustainable by keeping the area and nature tidy. Use our litter sorting containers after the paddle tour.
Toilets and showers are located beside the car parking area.
Finding a parking space during the summer season is sometimes hard. We recommend you to arrive at the Grundsunds Marina and Kayak Center first to unpack your paddling equipment and then park your car beside the local school or in front of the sports hall called Bottnahallen. Both are around a 10-minute walk away. If we have a normal load in the parking lot, the car will fit in with us. Otherwise, please move the car to one of these 2 mentioned parking places.
Bottnahallen 7-days free parking space: https://goo.gl/maps/Kmj6vQrb2rA2